Youth Program Assistant
The Youth Program Assistant will provide support in most areas of PowerUP! including but not limited to:
• Being a positive mentor in youth member’s lives.
• Assisting youth members during projects and activities
• Participation in projects and activities alongside students
• Escorting Students to various areas of programming. (EX: Playground, Gym, Garden)
• Assisting with snack/meal preparation and service
• Assisting with planning and preparation of activities
• Assisting with the Coordinators.
• Attending staff/team meetings
• Attending any required trainings, workshops and other professional development conferences
• Other duties as assigned by the Site Director or management
The Youth Program Assistant reports to the Site Director
2:00PM – 6:00PM during regular school days
12:00PM – 6:00 PM during early- release days
*Additional hours may be required during out of school days such as snow days, etc.
*Additional hours may be required during summer programming months
Education & Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred, or minimum of two years working in a youth development environment including organization, planning and supervising activities.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Valid Missouri State Driver’s License.
• Due to State Regulations applicant must be at least 18 years old.
*All successful applicants will be required to pass a background screening and other additional screenings as mandated. *
Please email your completed application to: email@example.com
Our PowerUP! after-school program offers an opportunity for each child to receive homework assistance and any additional tutoring needed in our learning center. The learning center is staffed with two certified teachers, but we can always use extra volunteers to ensure all student needs are being met. This opportunity is great for retired teachers, college students wishing to gain experience and service hours for resumes, or high school students needing A+ hours. (A+ students must have consent from school principal) This volunteer opportunity is available Monday – Friday 3:00pm – 5:30pm. If interested, please call our office at 660.646.1352 and ask for Amanda.
We are always looking for quality individuals who would enjoy spending time with our members. Our PowerUP! program runs Monday-Friday 3:00pm – 6:00pm. Fine-Arts, Character Building, Career Exploration, STEM, and Health/Fitness are all areas that make up our activities/programs. This opportunity allows for as much or as little time you can commit. If interested, please contact our office at 646-1352 and speak with Amanda. Volunteers must be at minimum freshman level in high school.
**All volunteers MUST pass a criminal background check and Family Care Safety Registry Screening**
We are always looking for volunteers!!! It can be as little or as often as you'd like and can involve anything from working with the students to administrative tasks. You may download a volunteer application directly above this posting!
*Note: The reference check section of the application is only required for the internship applicants attending schools/colleges that have an internship program with NMCYF.
Centered on strength, focused on the future.